Saturday, December 13, 2008

Childern and Media

This is going to be hard for me not to get on my soap box. You see we only have one TV in the house. Why you ask?? This is when I get on my soapbox and "speak". Media desensitized kids today. All the new is violence and aggression. The cartoons today are the same why. I hate the fact that I can not find a "safe" show for my kids to watch. That is why we have so many DVDs in the house. I don't need the boys to learn at a early age how to be a brat. I know that comes latter when the hormones kick in. I also feel that the Internet needs to be closely monitored when kids are using it. There is so much trash on the Internet for kids to get into. I know that my husband is scared to death of it and hardly goes on it. It has been a constant topic between us. I have not figured out how we are going to monitor them. I do feel the video games and gaming web sites will have a limited time when the boys are older. We feel that gaming should be no longer the a hour and a half. I know that the Internet can be monitored by software and your ISP. The gaming monitoring is something that we still need to figure out. The Mr. says you can visually inspect the game by playing the game yourself and evaluating it to see if it is appropriate for your child. The only thing I see wrong with it is that you are out that cash if the game is not appropriate.

No comments: